Friday, December 12, 2008

Response: "How Safe Are We?"

My friend Lawrence, from The Politickle Touch, was asking, "How Safe Are We?" I expressed my own thoughts on this matter. You can read them below or please visit Lawrence's Blog by selecting the hyperlink above.

Happy Holidays!

My comment:

Lawrence, I specifically remember after the 9/11 attacks how Americans were facing such a grime reality that another attack could happen anywhere again soon. And every since that horrific day in our history, I do think that many of us have forgotten that an attack could possibly happen again on our soil. The most recent attack on innocent civilians in Mumbai really reminded me that an attack can happen anywhere. These terrorist do not discriminate and will take anyone’s life. Life is definitely not valued by these violent extremist. 

Are we safe yet? I do think that we are safer than before September 11, 2001. But I do think the threat is much greater. It is great to know that I have so many fellow Americans that will stand by my side and such a great Military force that I can count on. It is unfortunate that terrorism will continue on and many other generations will have to face this problem. I will not allow the possibility of another terrorist attack to determine how I will live my life. Life is to short to live in fear.

No comments: